Tuesday, July 3, 2007

10 year reunion

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last Saturday, Erik and I went to my ten year high school reunion. I can't believe it's been ten years already! Our friends Annie and Beau met us at our hotel room, from which we had a great secret view (through shutters) of all the people checking into the hotel and arriving for the reunion. It was like being in high school all over again in some respects -- the giddy excitement, but without all the insecurity. We ended up having a blast, despite an awkward beginning. Erik was behaving very badly, going up to people and saying, "Oh my God, I haven't seen you in so long! Yeah, class of '97!", but everyone just thought he was hilarious (though I was a tad bit embarrassed). By the end of the night, all the little cliques had homogonized into one group of dancing friends, just having fun. Over all, it was a healing, and totally fun experience. I'm interested to see how changed people will be at the twenty year mark. Wow, by then we'll all be getting close to 40! Except me... I think I'll just stop aging now. :)

No comments: