Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Au de Spank!

Hello friends and family. I don't have any new pictures to post for today, but I thought I would give an update of Elliot's new words and funny things that have happened.

So, new words are coming more and more often. Hopefully soon he'll get to where he just repeats everything, and takes off language wise. But here are the latest words:

Dolphin, lizard (oh-youd), crab (pwab), whale, moon (bone), shark, seal, animal, lion, van, kid, hair, mouth, nose, hurt, cold, on, off, in, out, up, down, bug, cat, dog (very clearly), yes, oh yes!, all right!, woo hoo!, okay, pita, turkey, grape, pants, jump (pwump), spank, sand, beach, mess, yucky, dirty, shell, splash, throw, lotion, buns, one, two, three, five, six, seven, eight, nine, way (as in out of my), sun, sunflower, wagon, push, ........I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.

I forgot to mention the funniest thing at El Cap (besides Jennifer getting pooped on by a seagull). Elliot was playing naked on the beach and put his rear end right in Erik's face, then said, "Au de Spank!" as he spanked himself, and then took off running!

A week or so earlier, Erik had a funny experience in Starbucks when Elliot came into the men's room with him. He was showing Elliot how it's done, when Elliot reached out and grabbed the stream of pee. Then he said, "hot!", as Erik was trying to figure out what to do. So funny!

Today Erik got his hair cut for the first time since I've known him, and probably the first time in 15 years or more. They put a bunch of gel in his hair and it made his hair stiff. I was surprised that Elliot noticed the difference, but he did -- he kept calling it a hat! We thought it was hilarious.

Elliot counts to three correctly now, and if I say four, he can keep going till nine. He did that yesterday unexpectedly. I didn't even know he knew the rest of the numbers! Mostly Elliot spends his time running around the back yard nude, and in and out of the wading pool. It's so run to watch him enjoying the yard, looking at all the flowers and bees and rolling around in the water. Life is great. Hope you are all doing well, too. xo

No comments: