Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Four-Fingered Woman


Okay, it's not really that bad, but I did chop off the tip of my finger this evening. Just the very tipity-tip. I was slicing carrots with a very sharp knife, and going fast - probably inspired by too many early morning viewings of "Ratatouille". I'm okay. Erik bandaged me up with some gauze and electrical tape so I wouldn't bleed in the food. (As you can see, I eventually changed it to some stylish Sesame Street Band-aids.) If you think that's gross, the really gross part is that I couldn't find the piece of fingertip that was cut off. Most likely we ingested it. I'm sure it blended in nicely with the cauliflower curry. This is so fun to talk about it was totally worth the pain! You should try it! Just kidding, kind of.

Anyway, it was worth it for the wonderful evening we had with Gary and Leslie, who are Nana and Papa to Elliot, and family to me and Erik. It had been way too long, and it was an absolute joy to have them over. After a delicious meal and some champagne, we all played neighborhood sounds bingo with Elliot, and played with cars, and chatted about new recipes to try (that part was primarily Leslie and I), and had an all around great time.

As for my finger, I'm sure it will heal and quickly be forgotten, but memories of good times with family will last forever.

The only bummer is that I'm not going to be able to play guitar for a while.......

No comments: