Saturday, December 27, 2008

Basking in the Glow

One of the best things about Christmas is the two days after, when you get to hang around in your pajamas all day and play with all your new toys!  That's what all three of us have been doing the last couple of days.  We had a great Christmas, getting to see all our family and friends, and sharing the excitement with Elliot, but it sure feels good to indulge in doing nothing.  Maybe I'll make it outside today to prune the roses, but  I don't know for sure.  Might need to take a nap or two, or lounge around the house a little longer... there's a lot of lounging to be done.  I have been drawing with my new colored pencils, Elliot has been playing his computer, which is actually an educational video-game of sorts, and watching new movies, and Erik has been playing guitar with his new blues-driver guitar pedal.  He has big plans today - off to spend a gift certificate at Harbor Freight, the cheapest tool store ever.  What a nice little vacation we are having.  Ahhh! Here are some Christmas pictures:



My dad spent hours setting up our old, super-fragile electric train around the Christmas tree so Elliot could watch it go around when we got there.  So precious getting to share that with him.  He ended up getting an electric train of his very own from Mary and Bill - a bigger one that's not so fragile, which was very exciting for him.
My sister enjoying the train with Elliot - she looks so much like our mom in this picture!
Had to throw in this great shot of the dogs.  I think Erin took this one.
Later that day, we went to Gary and Leslie's house (Nana and Papa), and visited with all our friends, which are really more like family.  Here's Annie and Beau, and their little elf, Dustin.
Christmas morning, Elliot was so thrilled that Santa had filled up his stocking, or "Boon-stock", as he likes to call it, and left him some presents.
Grandpa Timo, Auntie Erin, and Grandma and Grandpa came over for Christmas brunch, and to give Elliot his presents.  We got a little jam session going on with Erik and my dad.  Erin and I think it's the first time we've ever heard our dad play a "trap set", rather than hand drums, parade drums, and the like.

Elliot was having my dad and sister bury him in tissue paper, and then popping out to scare everyone.  It was pretty fun for all.  Then we finished off the night at Mary and Bill's house, where Elliot got his big train, but I must have left my camera at home, because I sadly don't have any pictures of it.  Erik and I ended the evening at home with a sigh of happy relief and a nice drop of chocolate flavored port.  Thus ended a very merry Nappier Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hooray! Looking at this revived the joy of those days in my heart and mind again...it was so fun, definitely one of the best Christmases ever!! Elliot looks so cute in his new pajamas. I've got some more great pictures with Mike's camera, will have to share soon!!!