Friday, June 15, 2007

The Payoff

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the reward for the work I did in March of re-doing and seeding an empty flower bed. It is the reward of the hard work done by Erik and Bill and me last summer, and Mary's babysitting. It is the reward of my high school Ornamental Horticulture class, from which I retained an astonishing amount of information, and of my mother, who taught me how to grow things. Every day I am amazed at the garden and how much it has grown. It's so wonderful to have a place like this to enjoy with my family. Every time I leave to go to the beach or on an outing, I think, "Why am I leaving? It's so nice right here!" I feel so blessed to have this little remnant of paradise here in my back yard. Thank you so much, God! And thank you to my family for making it happen on the nitty gritty, road basie, concretey end of things. I appreciate it every single day!

1 comment:

shaelee said...

yum!

cannot wait till my little garden fills in! I'll try to get some pics up of it to.

LOVE YOU!