Monday, March 17, 2008

Fun with Friends!

My dear friend, Annie, told me the other day that I need to update my blog more often. I never realized that anyone was really checking it, but now that I do, I will try my bestest to update you all on our daily adventures as much as possible! Thank you, Annie!

This is Elliot and his friend, Elisha. They often take very entertaining baths together. After the bath, I was asking them to do faces like a puppy. You can see that they had very different interpretations of what kind of face a puppy makes. Elisha was doing the sweetest face he could muster, and Elliot was doing a sad whine/whimper. He definitely has the puppy dog eyes down in the second picture, don't you think?




The last two pictures are with our Elliot's friend, Devinne (they were born two days apart - Elliot was first), and her mom, my friend Melissa. We were lucky enough to have them come and stay with us for the weekend. Though it was a pretty busy weekend, we were all able to get some bonding time. Elliot and Devinne played really well together, and surprisingly didn't fight really at all, with the exception being that Elliot is a morning person and Devinne is not. He would wake up wanting to play, and she just needed a little time to wake up before she was ready for all that. Now whenever I have a hard time waking up in the morning, he says, "You grumpy like Devinne, Mom?", and I say, "Yes."

All in all, the past few weeks have been very fun-filled for all of us. Elliot is becoming more and more like a kid and less like a toddler as he learns to communicate and make choices. He knows the ABCs song, and several other songs, and now likes to make up his own lyrics to familiar tunes. One particular favorite is to replace the ABCs with a person's name said over and over. He also makes up new songs about whatever toy he's into on any given day. People always say childhood goes by so fast, and it's true. I'm so glad I've been able to stay home with him for this time in his life. It is just so amazing. Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments: