Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh Boy!



My dear friend, Annie, had her baby! Dustin is so adorable and sweet! I was lucky enough to be able to go and see the VanZante family the day after his birth, and share in the homecoming- new-baby-love. Dustin hardly ever cried, mostly just slept, and it was so great to see Annie and Beau enjoying their new little miracle. I'm so glad that I got to be there when he was so new. Boy, oh boy, do I wish I lived closer to them so I could see them more! It's funny how seeing a baby born is such a different experience than having one yourself. I suppose when I had Elliot, I was mostly consumed with all of my brain and energy focusing on taking care of his needs. Getting to watch (from afar, mostly) Annie and Beau on their adventure, I have been thinking and thinking. Just seeing them have a baby now has brought back memories of Annie and I sharing childhood together, and made me think so much about life and how amazing it is that we all make it into this wonderful and crazy world. Life is amazing!

No comments: